Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Zeal of Phinehas 1


10 The Lord said to Moses, 11 "Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, the priest, has turned my anger away from the Israelites; for he was as zealous as I am for my honor among them, so that in my zeal I did not put an end to them.











Num 25:11
That in my zeal I did not put an end to them
—By the plague sent among them, being so highly provoked with their shocking abominations.

BibleRevival.com, http://thebiblerevival.com/clipart/1890holmanbible/bw/thehighpriestinfulldress.jpg

John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible. Used by permission www.onlinebible.us

"Phinehas." The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. 2008. Retrieved June 27, 2010 from Encyclopedia.com: http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1E1-Phinehas.html

Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version. Copyright 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of International Bible Society.

“NIV” and “New International Version” are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark office by International Bible Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment